Introducing Twist, a texture-creating embroidery thread. What makes Twist so significant in the thread world? It is a high tenacity (strength), high sheen trilobal filament polyester. The strength allows for ease of stitching and the high-sheen reflects true, gorgeous hues.
Upon first glance, Twist may look similar to a variegated thread, meaning multiple colors dyed on a single strand of thread, however, Twist is unique as it is actually two separately dyed polyester threads, twisted together. This is the first time this has been done with our high sheen, high strength polyester. (It exists in the rayon world, but we do not recommend rayon threads.) By creating Twist with two separately dyed threads, this provides a wonderful texture-approach to embroidery, as depth of color and shades blend seamlessly into each other.
Twist is unlike any other thread. Here’s why:
Twist consists of four main strands of thread. Each of these four main strands consist of 48 high strength micro-strands. Two 48 micro-strands are twisted together into Set A. Another two sets of 48 micro-strands are twisted together into Set B. Then Set A (total 96 micro-strands) and Set B (total 96 micro-strands) are twisted together to make the final product. Twist is a thread made of 192 high-sheen, high strength micro-strands. The result is a strong, bright, beautiful 40 wt. thread ideal for embroidery.
- · Available in 26 colors.
- · Add incredible texture to embroidery designs with dual-colored Twist!
- · High-sheen allows the thread to reflect color vividly and clearly.
- · Unlike many other high-tenacity trilobal polyesters, Twist is 'heat set' in processing which eliminates shrinkage.
- · Twist consists of 48 micro filaments x 4 ply (2 ply x 2 ply), for a total of 192 micro filaments resulting in spectacular sheen and strength.